Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
INVITATION TO BID
MARITIME OFFICE COMPLEX
4TH FLOOR OFFICE BUILDOUT
PORT OF PALM BEACH DISTRICT
RIVIERA BEACH, FLORIDA
This Project is a Design Build Project with the Prime Contract to be awarded to a General Contractor licensed in the State of Florida. Part of the General Contractor’s team shall be the necessary Architects and Engineers to prepare Permittable Drawings for the construction and to obtain a Permit with the City of Riviera Beach. It is not a requirement to have Engineers on the Design Build Team unless it is determined by the Design Build Team to be required through Florida Statute and other means, and an Architect cannot support and sponsor the necessary design and permitting for the Project on their own including Mechanical and Electrical design.
6. The successful Bidder shall be required to execute Performance and Payment Bonds in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the Contract amount. The bonds are subject to approval by the Port.
7. The Port will not award a Contract to any Bidder who cannot prove to the satisfaction of the Port that they have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the type of construction called for in the Contract Documents and is financially able and organized to successfully carry out the Work covered by the Contract Documents in the required time. Bidder must have a valid Florida general contractor’s license at time of Bid opening for the Work to be performed, in order for their Bid to be considered. A copy of the Bidder’s license, in the name of the Bidder shown on the Bid Proposal Page, must be submitted with the Bid. Should Bidder’s license and certification not be current as referenced in this paragraph, the Bid shall be rejected.
8. Sealed Bids shall be addressed to the Port of Palm Beach District and plainly marked “MARITIME OFFICE COMPLEX, 4TH FLOOR OFFICE BUILDOUT” on the outside of the envelope. The Bidder’s name and address shall also be included on the outside of the envelope.
9. The Bidder agrees that the Bid shall be good, and may not be withdrawn for a period ending the later of 120 calendar days after Bid Opening, or the execution of the Contract between the successful Bidder and the Port.
10. There will be a mandatory Pre-Bid on September 13, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. at One East 11th Street, 6th Floor, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404.
11. The Port reserves the right to waive any technicalities/irregularities and/or to reject any and/or all Bids. The Port further reserves the right to award a contract to that Bidder whose submittal best serves the interests of the Port, in the sole discretion of the Port.
END OF INVITATION TO BID